Thursday 31 January 2013

Booking Through Thursday


Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Booking Through Thursday and a different question is posted every week. 

Do you lend your books? Are any out on loan right now? Do you have any that have been loaned to you? Do you put a time limit on these? Do you think people should make an effort to read the loaned book quickly?

Nope. I don't loan my books.  Simply because they're my prized possessions.  And I'm one of those books nuts that like their books in as much pristine condition as they can keep them.  Creased spines drive me crazy.  So I don't loan them because- How can I know the person will treat it like I would?  What if they spilt something on it?? Etc, etc.
I have borrowed a book from a friend before, but I told her I didn't think it was fair because I would not loan back, but she was insistent that I read this book (Sophie Kinsella's, Can You Keep A Secret), so I did.  
I definitely think people should be considerate and try to return something they've borrowed as quickly as possible.  It's just a courtesy thing.  A time limit is probably a little over the top.  

No comments:

Post a Comment