Sunday 11 January 2015

The Best Kind of Broken by Chelsea Fine



Received for review via NetGalley
Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 483 KB
Print Length: 400 pages
Publisher: Piatkus (4 Mar 2014)
ASIN: B00GYXE3HI

New Adult Romance

Pixie and Levi haven't spoken in nearly a year when they find themselves working―and living―at the same inn in the middle of nowhere. Once upon a time, they were childhood friends. But that was before everything went to hell. And now things are... awkward.

All they want to do is avoid each other, and their past, for as long as possible. But now that they're forced to share a bathroom, and therefore a shower, keeping their distance from one another becomes less difficult than keeping their hands off each other. Welcome to the hallway of awkward tension and sexual frustration, folks. Get comfy. It’s going to be a long summer.


Cover:  A typical, New Adult, cutesy, romantic cover.  I like it.

I read Sophie and Carter by Chelsea Fine a coupke of years ago now, and really loved it.
So when I saw this was available for review on NetGalley, I jumped at the chance to read it.
I did enjoy it, but for me, didn't live up to Sophie and Carter.
Levi and Pixie have been friends for years, they were just beginning to be something more when tragedy struck.  They've drifted apart, the attraction is still there, but their guilt keeps them away from each other.
I liked the over all premise of the book, but I just didn't feel the 'chemistry' between the two.  It didn't sizzle for me.
I was glad they resolved it and had their HEA, but I just didn't feel it, like I have with books such as Rule by Jay Crownover or The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen.
I did like that we had both characters perspectives, that's a touch I do really enjoy in New Adult romance.
I am really looking forward to Daren's story, Perfect Kind of Trouble.
4/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment