Thursday 27 February 2014

Booking Through Thursday 27/02/14


Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Booking Through Thursday and a different question is posted every week.
What do you think of fanfiction? In general—do you think it’s a fun thing or a trespass on an author/producer’s world? And of course, obviously specific authors have very firm and very differing opinions about this, yet it’s getting more popular and more mainstream all the time. Do you ever read or write it yourself?

I haven't read much fanfiction, in fact the only thing I can bring to mind is Fifty Shades of Grey...does that count?
Anyway, I have nothing against fanfiction per say, I just don't read it.  Mainly because my actual-book-to-be-read-pile is so huge, I'd rather be making a dent in that.
I think it's fantastic that a book or a film or a TV show can inspire people to write extentions of that universe.  I like the idea that if you don't like a particularly storyline or you would prefer something else to happen, you make it happen in the non-official way.  It obviously caters to a fan's needs.
I think it's a compliment to an author, producer etc, it shows that they created something that people enjoyed enough to get involved in.

No comments:

Post a Comment