Thursday 22 August 2013

Booking Through Thursday

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Booking Through Thursday and a different question is posted every week.

We all know the beauty of reading a really wonderful book for the first time—when everything about the story and the writing and the timing click to make a reader’s perfect storm … but it’s fleeting, because you can never read that book for the first time again.
So … if you could magically reset things so that you had the chance to read a favorite book/series again for the first time … which would you choose? And why?
And then, since tastes change … Do you think it would have the same affect on you, reading it now, as it did when you read it the first time? Would you love it just as much? Would you risk it?

Ohhh tough.  There are so many books that reading them for the first time was amazing.
I think though I would love to read Ella Enchanted for the first time again.
I remember I was about 13 when I read it, and I was close to the end, and tension was obviously building for the ending, when my mum said 'bed time' and I just couldn't.  I had to stay up til the end because I was so engrossed and Invested in the story.  So experiencing that again would be fantastic.

I would also say Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke and Bone because her writing is so poetic and lyrical, different from anything I've ever read before, so I'd like to experience coming across that for the first time again.

No comments:

Post a Comment