Wednesday 14 August 2013

Frigid by J.Lynn

  • Format: Kindle Edition
  • File Size: 706 KB
  • Print Length: 240 pages
  • Publisher: Spencer Hill Contemporary (15 July 2013)
  • For twenty-one-year-old Sydney, being in love with Kyler isn't anything new. They'd been best friends ever since he pushed her down on the playground and she made him eat a mud pie. Somewhere over the years, she fell for him and fell hard. The big problem with that? Kyler puts the 'man' in man-whore. He's never stayed with a girl longer than a few nights, and with it being their last year in college, Syd doesn't want to risk their friendship by declaring her love. 

    Kyler has always put Syd on a pedestal that was too high for him to reach. To him, she's perfect and she's everything. But the feelings he has for her, he's always hidden away or focused on any other female. After all, Kyler will always be the poor boy from the wrong side of tracks, and Syd will always be the one girl he can never have. 

    But when they're stranded together at a posh ski resort due to a massive Nor'easter, there's nothing stopping their red-hot feelings for each other from coming to the surface. Can their friendship survive the attraction? Better yet, can they survive at all? Because as the snow falls, someone is stalking them, and this ski trip may be a life-changer in more ways than one.
  • Cover: Just the kind of cutesy, romantic cover I adore.
I've read two other Jennifer L. Armentrout books so far (Cursed and Wait For You), and I loved both, so knew I wanted to get and read Frigid.
I was so excited, and I wasn't disappointed.
The pacing was fantastic, as soon as I picked it up, I was hooked.
The attraction between Syd and Kyler is so adorable, and electric, and you really do want them to open their eyes and get together!
I love Jennifer's ability to create characters that feel 100% real- it's something I've found with each of her books I've read so far.  Her characters thoughts and reactions feel realistic, and relatable.
For me, Wait For You has the edge of Frigid.  Don't get me wrong, I freaking loved both, buuuuut I just loved Cam in Wait For You.  He was more my kinda guy.  It takes a lot for me to really 'love' a man whore character like Kyler, and I was wholly won over.
I really enjoyed the stuck-in-a-cabin-while-someone-terrorises-them aspect, shooting out the windows, cutting generator wires, etc.
Over all I thoroughly enjoyed this, blasting through it in just one day.
I will totally reread this at some point.
Jennifer Armentrout has definitely secured herself as one of my favourite authors.
4.5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment