Tuesday 31 July 2012

Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry

ARC Received for review
  • Paperback: 416 pages
  • Publisher: Mira Ink (3 Aug 2012)
  • ISBN-10: 184845077X
  • ISBN-13: 978-1848450776
  • They say be a good girl, get good grades, be popular.They know nothing about me. I can't remember the night that changed my life. The night I went from popular to loner freak. And my family are determined to keep it that way. They said therapy was supposed to help. They didn't expect Noah. Noah is the dangerous boy my parents warned me about. But the only one who'll listen. The only one who'll help me find the truth. I know every kiss, every promise, every touch is forbidden. But what if finding your destiny means breaking all the rules? A brave and powerful novel about loss, change and growing up, but most of all love.

Cover: I love this cover, I think it really stands out amongst other YA contemporary books and this is how I thought of Echo and Noah.  But the US cover is also stunning and I like that one because it's more romantic and looks  
just like several scenes from the book.

This was one of my most anticipated releases this year, so when MIRAInk asked if I wanted a review copy I literally jumped at the chance.
And it did not disappoint.  I loved this book so much- I can't even begin to describe just how much I loved this book.
Echo and Noah are such beautifully crafted characters.  Echo has to come to terms with her scars while trying to remember the incident which gave them to her and Noah has to grieve the loss of his parents and fight to get custody of his brothers.  
To see how Echo and Noah changed each other for the better without realizing  it- and the chemistry between them doesn't hurt either!
The mystery behind Echo's scars was kept up until the very end and you felt her frustration and anger as if it was your own- a sign of an amazingly well written book.
This book made ma laugh out load but also tear up.  I can't recommend this book enough- 5/5 stars!  It's a must read for every YA contemporary fan but if you've not enjoyed this genre I highly suggest giving this a try- it may very well convert you.
While I was reading I had the thought that it was a blend of Simone Elkeles's Perfect Chemistry Trilogy (without being quite so cliche and cheesy) and John's Green The Fault In Our Stars, equaling awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment