Monday 21 September 2015

Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4) by Sarah J. Maas

    18006496
  • Hardcover: 656 pages
  • Publisher: Bloomsbury U.S.A. Children's Books (Sept. 2015)
  • ISBN-10: 1619636042
  • ISBN-13: 978-1619636040
The queen has returned.

Everyone Celaena Sardothien loves has been taken from her. But she's at last returned to the empire—for vengeance, to rescue her once-glorious kingdom, and to confront the shadows of her past . . .

She has embraced her identity as Aelin Galathynius, Queen of Terrasen. But before she can reclaim her throne, she must fight.

She will fight for her cousin, a warrior prepared to die for her. She will fight for her friend, a young man trapped in an unspeakable prison. And she will fight for her people, enslaved to a brutal king and awaiting their lost queen's triumphant return.

The fourth volume in the New York Times bestselling series contrinues Celaena's epic journey and builds to a passionate, agonizing crescendo that might just shatter her world.


Cover:  I love the covers to this series.  Perfect, kick ass cover.

I have loved this series ever since first reading Throne of Glass back when it first released in 2012.
It's a series that just goes from strength to strength.
Even though Crown of Midnight and Heir of Fire haven't alway gone in the direction that I've previously wanted, but with Queen of Shadows, it's changing my mind...slowly.
I have been a hardcore Chaol fan, shipping him and Celeana since the get go.
So books two and 3 (not to spoil anyone) broke my heart.  Such a roller coaster of emotions that it was hard to read, and yet I couldn't stop myself.
I've slowly come round, and while I still love Chaol, I've developed a sweet spot for Rowan.  Brooding, ancient Fae warrior- definitely a character I can appreciate.
I really enjoyed seeing more of Rowan in this installment.  Actually getting his perspective, and his relationship with Aelin is interesting to read.
Aelin is growing as a character.  You get to see so much of her character in this book.  Her skill as a warrior, her smarts and cunning, her caring and her humour.  There's many layers to her.
There is a lot going on in this book.  I loved hearing from multiple characters point of views, characters from the previous books, as well as a couple of new ones.
I don't want to spoil the book for anyone- and anyone who is a fan of the series is going to pick this one up anyway, but for anyone that hasn't yet read this series- YOU NEED TO.
One of my favourites.
5/5 stars.

Read from September 01 to 14, 2015

1 comment:

  1. Oh Erin! I'm super happy that you seemed to enjoy this book as much as I did! :) Brilliant review, I have no idea how you managed to write one without spoilers, I applaud you. I couldn't find a way to do that, so mine is pretty aweful for someone who hasn't read the book yet. ;]

    www.bookrantorrave.com

    ReplyDelete