Monday 22 February 2016

Winter (Lunar Chronicles #4) by Marissa Meyer

    25774272
  • Paperback: 832 pages
  • Publisher: Puffin (10 Nov. 2015)
  • ISBN-10: 014134024X
  • ISBN-13: 978-0141340241
Princess Winter is admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, and despite the scars that mar her face, her beauty is said to be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana.

Winter despises her stepmother, and knows Levana won’t approve of her feelings for her childhood friend—the handsome palace guard, Jacin. But Winter isn’t as weak as Levana believes her to be and she’s been undermining her stepmother’s wishes for years. Together with the cyborg mechanic, Cinder, and her allies, Winter might even have the power to launch a revolution and win a war that’s been raging for far too long.

Can Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, and Winter defeat Levana and find their happily ever afters?


Cover: When this cover was first released- my initial reaction was that I was not a fan.  I thought in comparison to the others in the series, it looked somewhat tacky and photoshopped.  It has now grown on me but it's definitely grown on me- although it's still not my favourite cover of the series.

I needed to steel myself to get ready to pick this one up, one because of the sheer size of this bad boy, at over 800 pages and two, because of it being the final book in one of my favourite series.  I felt some trepidation along with the 
excitement.
And it was definitely a good conclusion to the series.
I would recommend being 'prepared' to read this one.  It took me two weeks to read- and I did love being back in the Lunar Chronicles world.
With each book you obviously pick up new character's points of view, accounting for the increasingly large books by book.
With this one, you really need to be into reading it, because you need to keep track of who's who and who's where.  You've got people together, separating, meeting up again, splitting into groups, and repeat.
You just have to concentrate on where people are.
Over all, this is a must read for every fan of the Lunar Chronicles, and I think it ended well.
4.5/5 stars.
Read from January 02 to 17, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment