Saturday 3 December 2016

BLOGTOUR: VEIL OF VINES BY TILLIE COLE

    25912376

  • Format: Kindle Edition
  • Print Length: 290 pages
  • Publisher: Tillie Cole Ltd. (27 Nov. 2016)
  • ASIN: B01NBD7Z8S
  • To most people, princes, princesses, counts and dukes are found only in the pages of the most famous of fairytales. Crowns, priceless jewels and gilded thrones belong only in childhood dreams.
    But for some, these frivolous fancies are truth. 
    For some, they are real life. 
    On Manhattan’s Upper East Side, people have always treated me as someone special. All because of my ancestral name and legacy. All because of a connection I share to our home country’s most important family of all.
    I am Caresa Acardi, the Duchessa di Parma. A blue blood of Italy. I was born to marry well. And now the marriage date is set. 
    I am to marry into House Savona. The family that would have been the royals had Italy not abolished the monarchy in 1946. But to the aristocrats of my home, the abolition means nothing at all.
    The Savonas still hold power where it counts most.
    In our tight-knit world of money, status and masked balls, they are everything and more. 
    And I am soon to become one of them.
    I am soon to become Prince Zeno Savona’s wife…
    … or at least I was, until I met Achille. 
    And everything changed.
Cover: I like the simplicity of this cover.  And it's kind of ethereal.  I love that there's no cover models either- I like that I can imagine the characters myself.

It's no secret that I love Tillie Cole's books.  It's almost like a worship her.  Not one of her books that I've read have I not enjoyed.
And Veil of Vines was no exception.
I was immediately drawn into the world of the Italian countryside, with lush vinyards...and yes, sexy winemakers.
Caresa is going to marry a man she doesn't love because it's expected of her, to strengthen the business alliance between the two Italian families.  
Only meeting Achille- the maker of a world renowned merlot, getting to know him and his way of life, makes the idea of marrying anyone else impossible.
Oh boy did I love Caresa and Achille.  You immediately see that they're made for each other, and while they did fall for each other quickly, I wouldn't say it was done in a way that was unbelievable.  I believed in their romance from the get go, and just loved their characters, and who they were together.  Seemingly opposites rich aristocrat and poor wine maker, but they were really soul mates.
I was fascinated by the philosophy elements that were woven into the story, the idea of Plato's split aparts.  The idea of a single human being split into two halves- and only when they find each other, they're whole and never want to be parted.  I just found it so beautiful.
I really rooted for Caresa and Achille- I wanted them to get their HEA, even if I couldn't see how it was going to happen.
This is an absolute must read.  If you're a Tillie Cole fan, you're going to read this anyway, but if you've never picked up a Tillie Cole book, curl up with A Veil of Vines this winter, you won't be disappointed.

5/5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment