Thursday 1 November 2018

Splendid by Julia Quinn


Splendid (The Splendid Trilogy, #1)Cover: I like this particular cover a lot.  I love the purple flowers!  AAnd I like that it’s kind of a traditional looking mass market paperback cover- without a steamy scene on the front.

I’ve read a few Julia Quinn novels, but not many.  I decided to pick this one up on a bit of a whim, I and I didn’t realise at first that it was her first novel.
I really enjoyed it! Reading it in just under two days.
Emma is a fiery heroine, and Alex is an arrogant bachelor.  Neither one of them is prepared to fall in love, particularly with each other.
It’s definitely made me want to read more Julia Quinn novels in the near future.
4/5 stars.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erin! I'm Carole from Carole's Chatter. I follow your blog. I think you do really great posts about books. I wondered if you would like to join the group of bloggers who share their posts on a monthly basis via Books You Loved. I host this link up on the first Wednesday of each month. If you would like to check it out just hop on over to Carole's Chatter. We would all love to see you there. Cheers

    ReplyDelete