Wednesday 6 July 2011

Die For Me by Amy Plum


  • Paperback: 352 pages
  • Publisher: ATOM (5 May 2011)
  • Language English
  • ISBN-10: 190741102X
  • ISBN-13: 978-1907411021



My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything. Suddenly, my sister, Georgia and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent. Mysterious, sexy and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen. Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies...immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.


I was excited to read this book from the sound of the blurb, that plus the gorgeous cover I was hooked in.


Cover:  A truly lovely cover!  Beautiful shades of pink coupled with the Parisian images and the black scrolling makes for a fantastic YA Paranormal cover.


Plot:  I love the plot of this book!  Amy Plum has definitely tried to stand out from other YA paranormal fiction with an original storyline and a paranormal being that isn't a vamp or a werewolf :O (some similarities with Yvonne Woon's Dead Beautiful but nothing too obvious, my reivew for Dead Beautiful : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYiQ2tY33lI ).

Kate is grieving for the loss of her parents that died in an accident and has moved to Paris with her sister to live with their grandparents.  There she meets Vincent, a beautiful boy that she feels she could grow to feel so strongly for and she doesn't know if she can open herself up to the risk of loosing someone that she loves again plus finding out that there's nothing normal about Vincent and how he lives his life.  Can Kate cope with what Vincent is?  And can she open her heart and learn to love again?


Characters:


Kate- Trying to adapt to live without her parents but finds herself depressed and the only comfort is escaping in books.  Kinda introverted.


Vincent- He hasn't been interested in a girl for a veryyyyy long time *cough* but when he meets Kate he has a spark in his life again.


Georgia- Kate's older sister.  Polar opposites.  Total extrovert and party girl.


Lucien- Same 'being' as Vincent but a more twisted version.


Writing Style:
I found that I was able to read this book really quickly, I read it in two days but it could easily have been one.  The chapters very short and so that helped the pacing.  


Rating:
4.5/5 stars because I loved that the plot stands out among other YA paranormal books and that even though this is the first in the Revenant Series the end wasn't a cliffhanger and the ending was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment