Sunday 11 May 2014

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling


Hardcover: 636 pages
Published: October 4th 2004 by Bloomsbury
When the Quidditch World Cup is disrupted by Voldemort's rampaging supporters and the terrifying Dark Mark is resurrected, it is obvious to Harry that, far from failing, Voldemort is getting stronger. The ultimate symbol to the magic world of the evil Lord's return would be if the one and only survivor of his death curse, Harry Potter, could finally be beaten. So when Harry is entered for the Triwizard Tournament - a competition between three wizarding schools to find the ultimate magician - he knows that rather than win it, he just has to get through the trials alive.




Cover:  I really like this cover.  It's simple, but totally relevant. 

I'm slowly but surely getting round to reading the Harry Potter series.  I've said before, I tried reading them when I was a little younger, and I just couldn't get into them.  But I read Philospher's Stone last year, only because a fellow BookTuber and friend challenged me and I'm so glad she did because I thoroughly enjoyed it. 
I really enjoyed Goblet of Fire.  I found the first 150 pages or so kind of slow going but then it kicked in, and I was hooked.
I find it hard to review the Harry Potter books but over all all I can say is that I'm loving the world, the characters, and the action.
4.5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment