Thursday 13 November 2014

Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel

    8643220
  • Paperback: 144 pages
  • Publisher: Razorbill (23 Aug 2011)
  • ISBN-10: 1595144293
  • ISBN-13: 978-1595144294
After two years on the run, best friends Rose and Lissa are caught and returned to St. Vladimir’s Academy, a private high school for vampires and half-bloods. It’s filled with intrigue, danger—and even romance.

Enter their dark, fascinating world through a new series of 144-page full-color graphic novels. The entire first Vampire Academy novel has been adapted for book one by Leigh Dragoon and overseen by Richelle Mead, while the beautiful art of acclaimed British illustrator Emma Vieceli brings the story to life.


Cover:  A nice cover that I think incorporates the original cover of the novel well.

I don' read a lot of graphic novels, but after enjoying the movie, and then the novel- I decided that I wanted to recap Vampire Academy before moving on to the 4th book in the series.
I enjoyed this- it was a quick and easy way to refresh my memory on the first book in the series without having to re-read the actual book.
I did think that it was a little choppy and that the transitions were lost- it jumped from one scene to another very quickly, and if I hadn't read the book, I think I would have been a bit lost.
The artwork was quite simple- not my favourite that I've seen, I think that would still be the Twilight graphic novels.
Over all it was a great, quick read that I definitely enjoyed and would recommend for fans of the series, but if you're looking to start the series- I would suggest picking up the novel instead.
4/5 stars.

Read on October 19, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment