Paige Mahoney has escaped the brutal prison camp of Sheol I, but her problems have only just begun: many of the survivors are missing and she is the most wanted person in London...
As Scion turns its all-seeing eye on the dreamwalker, the mime-lords and mime-queens of the city's gangs are invited to a rare meeting of the Unnatural Assembly. Jaxon Hall and his Seven Seals prepare to take centre stage, but there are bitter fault lines running through the clairvoyant community and dark secrets around every corner. Then the Rephaim begin crawling out from the shadows. But where is Warden? Paige must keep moving, from Seven Dials to Grub Street to the secret catacombs of Camden, until the fate of the underworld can be decided.
I read The Bone Season in 2013 and really enjoyed it, so I am thoroughly looking forward to delving back into the world Samantha Shannon has created.
I decided that I didn't want to spoil the series for anyone that has yet to read it, so have decided instead of reviewing book 2, I would give my reasons as to why I think you should give this series a go!
1. A unique and complex world, set in a futuristic and paranormal London. Those with 'gifts' such as clairvoyance, are hunted down.
2. Beautiful writing; “Knowledge is dangerous. Once you know something, you can't get rid of it. You have to carry it. Always.”
3. A tough but likeable heroine in Paige. You you like your Katniess Everdeen's and Tris Prior's, you'll love her.
4. Beginnings of a romance, but it is in no way the focus of the story.
5. Over all, a compelling, intriguing and complex adult read.
Be sure to check out the other stops on the tour!!