Monday 2 March 2015

Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

Paperback: 352 pages
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Ltd (5 Aug 2014)
ISBN-10: 1471136728
ISBN-13: 978-1471136726

An unforgettable love story that breaks all the rules.

When Tate Collins finds airline pilot Miles Archer passed out in front of her apartment door, it is definitely not love at first sight. In fact, they wouldn't even consider themselves friends. But what they do have is an undeniable mutual attraction.

He doesn't want love and she doesn't have time for a relationship, but their chemistry cannot be ignored. Once their desires are out in the open, they realise they have the perfect set-up, as long as Tate can stick to two rules - never ask about the past and don't expect a future.

Tate convinces herslelf she's ok with it, but soon realises that it's harder than she thought. Will she be able to say no to her sexy pilot when he lives just next door?

This new romance from Colleen Hoover will have you laughing and crying in equal measure - definitely her best book yet!


Cover:  A cute romantic cover.  I'm a sucker for these kind of covers!

As a fan of New Adult fiction, I've seen Colleen Hoover's books pop over Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, Blogs and YouTube, but
 hadn't ever read one of her books.
But Ugly Love had been everywhere, and I'd heard nothing but good things about it, so decided to cave and pick it up.
And I didn't love it as much as I wanted to.  I think all the hype killed it a little for me.
The premise was definitely there.  And over all, I did like the story.
But.
I didn't much like Tate.  I feel she's spineless.  She essentially degrades herself because Miles is just sooooo attractive.
He set it out to her to be fair, nooo romance.  No relationship.
Then she's rocking in a corner because he doesn't change his mind.
Miles has a lot of baggage.  Understandably so.  But his characters chapters, were set in the past, eventually coming up to present day.  But Tate's were in the present.
His voice was just so unbelievable.
I think it was supposed to by lyrical and poetic.
It wasn't.
It was irritating.

"My thoughts are Rachel.
I can’t fall in love with you, Rachel.
I look at the sink. I want to look at Rachel.
I breath the air. I want to breathe in Rachel.
I close my eyes. I only see Rachel.
I wash my hands. I want to touch Rachel."

"My new favorite flavor is Rachel.
My new favorite thing is Rachel.
I want Rachel for my birthday. I want Rachel for
Christmas. I want Rachel for graduation."


I got really sick of reading that.

 Chemistry.  Blah.  Didn't sizzle off the page or anthing.

 Over all, it was an ok read for me.  There have been New Adult books I've enjoyed more- Wait For You by J. Lynn and Rule by Jay Crownover to name just two.

2.5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment