Friday 18 May 2018

QUESTION FRIDAY! 18/05/18 FORMAT?



This week's question is;
Q) What format of book is your favourite? Paperback or hardcover? eBook? Audio book? New or second hand?

A) For me as a book lover, I love having a physical copy of a book.  Nothing better than holding a book, turning the pages, and smelling that book smell.  However over the last few years, I've been buying less physical books than I used to, for no other reason than space.  I have limited bookshelf space and do not want to reinforce the floor!  I just don't have the space for unlimited paperback or hardcover books, as much as I love having them.
I do really enjoy reading on my Kindle Paperwhite.  I like that I can travel with hundreds of books, and yet they weigh almost nothing.
Another bonus for eBooks is that for the majority of the time, they are significantly cheaper, saving me both money AND space.
When it comes to paperback over hardcover I do like having hardcover books from my favourite authors- they're just more sturdy.  I like that I can take the dust jacket off while reading, and when finished, can pop it back on and it and have it look like it's never been read.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment