Tuesday 11 June 2013

Saved by Kelly Elliot

Paperback: 534 pages
  • Publisher: Kelly Elliott (4 April 2013)
  • ISBN-10: 0988707454
  • ISBN-13: 978-0988707450
  • New Adult
  • (Wanted series #2)
  • Arianna and Jefferson’s love is true but will it be enough? 

    Ari who comes from a loving home with a family who has had more than their share of difficulties, is faced with possibly losing the love of her life. All she dreams of is growing old and having children with Jeff, but a family history and a conniving Rebecca could shatter that dream. Trying to support Jeff and cope with all the truths and possibilities of her own destiny may prove to be more than one person can handle.

    Jeff’s dream is to raise horses on his ranch in Mason with the only women who has ever filled his heart and soul. But he’s running the risk of losing her by trying to be the man he knows he should be by taking on his responsibilities. He’s completely bewitched by the passionate and always outspoken Ari, but needs to do right for the child that could possibly be his.

    Despite all the odds stacked against them can their relationship be…..SAVED?
  • Cover: I like that the colour/theme matches the first one, but I'm just not as keen on this cover as much as Wanted's cover.  
After reading Wanted earlier this year, and really enjoying it, I was really looking forward to Saved.  Saved is Ari and Jeff's story.  We're first introduced to them in Wanted and their story develops in this one, I was really pleased that we still got to see Ellie and Gunner from Book 1, and that we got to see Josh and Heather interact really, that we haven't before.
I was worried with this one, as in Wanted, Jeff and Ari kind of pissed me off.  There's no other way to put it.  Ari's constant stream of swearing for no reason didn't make me warm to her, and Jeff was just an insensitive ass that was the source of many of my pet peeves in book 1.
However they seemed to tone down in Saved, and I actually really grew to like them as protagonists.  Even though Jeff is still an idiot for pretty much the first 50% of the book.
I loved Josh and Heather but the constant get-close-then-pull-back on Heather's side really annoyed me.  It got so repetitive.  I want them to be together but their really starting to frustrate me.  I don't know if my heart can take their own book coming out later this year.
Considering this book was put back a few days for editing, I'm surprised at how many editing errors there were.  Simple stuff.
Plus I got really tired of every time they're in a club or a party or something, of them requesting and dancing to Christina Aguilera.  All. The. Time.
Over all I loved Saved, still had a few issues with it, but I was hooked.
4/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment