Tuesday 17 June 2014

17th June [BLOGTOUR] Fall From India Place by Samantha Young (On Dublin Street #4)

  • Paperback: 384 pages
  • Publisher: Piatkus (3 Jun 2014)
  • ISBN-10: 0349403945
  • ISBN-13: 978-0349403946
When Hannah Nichols last saw Marco D’Alessandro, five long years ago, he broke her heart. The bad boy with a hidden sweet side was the only guy Hannah ever loved—and the only man she’s ever been with. After one intense night of giving into temptation, Marco took off, leaving Scotland and Hannah behind. Shattered by the consequences of their night together, Hannah has never truly moved on.

Leaving Hannah was the biggest mistake of Marco’s life, something he has deeply regretted for years. So when fate reunites them, he refuses to let her go without a fight. Determined to make her his, Marco pursues Hannah, reminding her of all the reasons they’re meant to be together.…

But just when Marco thinks they’re committed to a future together, Hannah makes a discovery that unearths the secret pain she’s been hiding from him, a secret that could tear them apart before they have a real chance to start over again.


Cover:  A nice cover.  I neither love it or hate it.  I do find myself preferring the U.S cover, purely because it's a lighter, cuter cover that I tend to lean towards.

I knew nothing about this series before reading Fall From India Place.  It's book 4 in the On Dublin Street series, but each story focuses on different characters and so are able to stand alone.  
I had such trouble getting into this book.  I think at the start I found it so slow, and dragging because I was faced with lists upon lists of people.  Of course having not read the other books, knowing about other characters should have been helpful to our protagonists back story.  And it would have been, had they not been rapidly fired at me.  I couldn't keep track of who was who and why.  And after a while I wasn't taking any of them in.

 Jocelyn: Braden - 6 year old Beth, and 3 year old Luke.
Johanna:Cam - First child on the way.
Olivia: Nate - 4 year old Lilly, and one year old January.
Ella: Adam - 2 year old William, and second child on the way.
Eloise: Clark - Hannah, and Declan.
Penny: ( Sixteen ) - Declan's girlfriend.
Cole: Jo's brother, and Hannah's best friend.
Stephanie: Cole's girlfriend in University of Edinburgh.
Mick: Liv's father
Michaela, and Suzanne: Hannah's friends.
Hannah's Students: Portia (fifty two), Duncan (thirty three), Lorraine (twenty-four).

Plus
 Jarrod, Jack, Anisha, Dylan, and Leah.


As well as Marco and Hannah.
And I've probably missed some out. 

With all of these people popping up all of the time, I wasn't able to get into the story.
Maybe if they had been gradually introduced I wouldn't have had an issue, but it was en masse.

Marco and Hannah were good friends when they were teenagers, and felt more for each other.  It went wrong and bam years later, they meet again.  I didn't feel that much of a connection between them.
The supposed chemistry- I just didn't see it.  The sex scenes... they were boring. They started and finished in a few lines.  They lacked passion. 

The overall story, I liked but there were too many little things that bugged me - plus a plot twist towards the end that was heartbreaking and not really necessary.
I feel I would have got more out of this book if we had Marco point of view as well.  I felt I didn't really get to know him at all.

3/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment