Thursday 24 July 2014

The Fault In Our Stars - Movie Thoughts


I finally managed to get to the cinema to see The Fault In Our Stars…and at the time this goes up- I'll have seen it three times.
I’m so happy with this book-to-movie adaptation.  I read the book in2012, and fell in love with it.  It very quickly became an all time favourite read with a permanent place in my heart.

So naturally, when you hold a book in that much regard- the idea of a movie is both exciting and terrifying.  It will either be a faithful tribute, or a train wreck.
But I’m so happy with it.  It was so true to the book which was so nice to see.
Hazel was just how I imagined her to be.  Shailene Woodley was perfectly cast, and her performance was a pleasure to watch.

When I first saw Ansel Elgort – I was unsure.  It wasn’t how I pictured him.  Then I saw the trailer and I thawed a bit.

Then I saw the movie- and he completely changed my mind.  I fell in love with him.

All.  At.  Once.
He had this cheeky look about him, and he was so funny.  He was actually the perfect Augustus Waters.


I’m genuinely so happy with the adaptation.
Did it make me cry?

No- but I think that may be more that I’m not a crier by nature, let alone in public.
But it did bring a tear to my eye.

Over all- it was beautiful.  So beautiful.  And funny.  And heartbreaking.  And life affirming.
5/5 stars.

Okay.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment