Friday 1 June 2018

QUESTION FRIDAY! 01/06/2018 CHILDHOOD READS



This week's question is;

Q) What was your favourite book from your childhood?

A) I don't really remember a lot of specific books from my young childhood.  I remember my mum and dad used to read to me and I loved it.  Stories from fairytale books, The Wind In The Willows etc.
I remember in Primary School we used to take a weekly walk to the local library and every single time I would pick up The Maiden on the Moor by Marilyn Singer.  I don't know why because it was such a morbid, dark fairytale type book.  I think it must have been the beautiful illustrations.
From later childhood I would have to say Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine.  Such an inventive Cinderella retelling.  I was hooked on it from the moment I picked it up.  I remember staying up way past when I should have been in bed to finish it, and I've since reread it at least 5 times.



No comments:

Post a Comment