Friday 15 June 2018

QUESTION FRIDAY! 15/06/2018 MOVIE NIGHT



This week's question is;

Q) What is the best and worst book to movie adaptations you've seen?

A) I always look forward to book to movie adaptations with excited and trepidation in equal measure.

Some of my favourite book to movie adaptations are;
The Fault In Our Stars by John Green- I thought it was a great one.  It kept all the most important parts of the book.  It was both funny and heartbreaking, and the characters were so well cast.


Me Before You by Jojo Moyes- one of my all time favourite books, and I felt it was transferred to the screen really well.  Again the casting was fantastic.  I laughed and I cried at the movie, just like I did with the book.  There were some scenes from the book that I wished had been in there, but overall I didn't feel too cut up about it.




The Martian by Andy Weir- I didn't love or hate the book.  I enjoyed it but found the scientific descriptions very heavy going, whereas in the movie, I found it much easier to take in.  This is one instance where I actually preferred the movie over the book which is a rare occurrence indeed.

As for the worst adaptations, Ella Enchanted by Gail Caron Levine is one.  I love the book so much, and the movie is...different.  I don't hate the movie but it definitely stays from the book.  It's more of a comedy movie, and I loved it when I was younger, but as I've got older, I prefer the book over the movie.




No comments:

Post a Comment