Wednesday 25 April 2012

BLOGTOUR- Review Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter+ Interview

Paperback: 304 pages
  • Publisher: Mira Ink (6 April 2012)
  • Language English
  • ISBN-10: 1848450788
  • ISBN-13: 978-1848450783
  • Kate Winters has won immortality.

    But if she wants a life in the Underworld with Henry, she’ll have to fight for it.

    Becoming immortal wasn’t supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she’s as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he’s becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate’s coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.

    As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.

    Henry’s first wife, Persephone.
  • Cover: On the screen the cover looks very pretty, and don't get me wrong it is, much in person the purple is much darker, and I would have preferred for the title to be in gold, to match the first book in the series, The Goddess Test.
I finally got round to reading The Goddess Test last month and I really enjoyed it,so I was looking forward to picking up book 2. I don't know whether it was because I was back at college or the  book itself but I found it hard to get into, I couldn't seem to read more than 20 pages at a time, and didn't mind putting it down.  However the last 100 pages really picked up for me and at that point really got back into it, and it was more like book 1 again.
I did still enjoy the book but much more towards the end (no, not in a mean way).
My favourite parts were some very sweet scenes between Henry and Kate, and this is what I think picked the book up for me, because there wasn't much interaction between them for the first 2/3 of the novel, which while I understood, I missed it.
The end is evil, much more so than book 1, and I definitely want to carry on with the series and can't wait to check out book 3.
Overall if you read The Goddess Test you definitely want to check out Goddess Interrupted, or if you haven't it's one you should.  I will say stick with Goddess Interrupted, it does pick up and I love the set up for the 3rd book!
4/5 stars.

  • Interview with Aimee Carter
  • Erin: Why do you think readers still love Greek Mythology today?

  • Aimee:It’s universal, full of action, conflict, and betrayal, and we like to be able to identify strongly with groups and certain personality traits – for instance, we all know which House we’d be in at Hogwarts. The same goes for the Greek Gods. We all have an idea of which one we relate to best, making us feel connected to that god or goddess in a way we might not otherwise.

    Erin: What is your favourite mythical creature and why?

  • Aimee: The phoenix, hands down. Long lifespan, born from the ashes of flame – it’s pretty awesome all around.

    Erin: If you could collaborate with anyone who would it be?

  • Aimee:JK Rowling. I respect her not just as an author, but as a person as well, and she’s a terrific role model.

    Erin: What kind of research did you do for The Goddess Test series?

  • Aimee: I’ve loved Greek mythology from a very young age, but I still read up on all the various versions of the myths, picking and choosing which would work best for the world I wanted to create. And, of course, twisting a few in the process when necessary.

  • Erin:  What’s the best thing about being an author?
  • Aimee:Besides getting to do what I love, the best part about being a writer is the sleep schedule. I love not having to get up at 7am.

No comments:

Post a Comment