Friday 1 June 2012

Fifty Shades Freed by E L James

WARNING!!! May contain spoilers for book 2 Fifty Shades Darker


Paperback: 592 pages
Publisher: Arrow (26 April 2012)
Language English
ISBN-10: 0099579944
ISBN-13: 978-0099579946
***ADULT***

When unworldly student Ana Steele first encountered the driven, damaged young entrepreneur Christian Grey it sparked a sensual affair that changed both their lives irrevocably. Shocked, intrigued, and ultimately repelled by Christian’s singular sexual tastes, Ana demanded a deeper commitment; determined to keep her, Christian agreed.

Now, together, they have more – love, passion, intimacy, and a world of infinite possibilities. But Ana always knew that loving her Fifty Shades would not be easy, and being together poses challenges neither of them ever anticipated. Ana must somehow learn to share Christian’s opulent lifestyle without sacrificing her own integrity, identity or independence; Christian must somehow overcome his compulsion to control, and lay to rest the horrors that blighted his past and haunt his present.

Just when it seems that together their love can conquer any obstacle, misfortune, malice and fate combine to make Ana’s worst nightmares come true. Alone and desperate, she must face down the poisoned legacy of Christian’s past.

Seductive, shocking, sad and funny, Fifty Shades Freed is the compelling final volume in the Fifty Shades trilogy.


Cover:  Again, simple, relevant cover that I like.


Wow.  Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow.  I can't believe it's over.  I refuse to believe it's over- I. Need. More!
Fifty Shades Freed was amazing- it kept the spirit of the first two books but we also get to see the characters grow.
The book starts with Ana and Christian on the honeymoon of a lifetime, and we see their wedding as Ana's memory of it rather than in real time- perfect!
There's also more than their relationship plot wise- we get some mystery and suspense thrown in as well, which I think worked really well- it gave the final book that little something different from the first two books.
I give Fifty Shades Freed 5/5 stars - I loved the romance, as well as Ana and Christian adapting to marriage and the surprises they encounter.
I give the whole trilogy 5/5.  I love it.  I will definitely be re-reading (which I don't do a lot of but this will be one of the exceptions).  Definitely one of my obsessions- what was that?  Yes you can just call me Mrs Grey.
The extra 'Shades of Christian' was really interesting but just left me wishing either the whole series is re-done in his perspective (I need this soooo much) or more of the major scenes had been included because it wasn't enough Christian.
I did have some unanswered questions with regards to Jack Hyde- what happened to him?  And I also wanted to know more about Christian's sister Mia and her relationship with Elliot (Ana's friend's brother...).
Other than a few questions I was satisfied with how the trilogy ended even though I want more it has been left on a high.
I've thoroughly enjoyed this series and highly recommend it if you are a huge romance fan, don't mind reading graphic sex scenes, like possessive heroes or have at least been tempted by the amount of hype.
I now can't seem to get into other books as I'm still hung up on this series.
Highly addictive *sigh*

3 comments:

  1. I was happy we did at least know they got together :) I loved this series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want the fifty shades in Christians perspective all three books...do you think shes gonna write it in his perspective???

    ReplyDelete