Tuesday 26 June 2012

The Liebster Blog Award

Author Shawn Keenan and Young Adult Critic Blog nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award! Thanks so much guys!!





Rules


1. Each person must post 11 facts about themselves.

2. Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you and give 11 questions for the person you tag. 


3. Choose 11 people and link them to your post.


4. Tell them you've tagged them.


5. Remember, no tag backs.



11 Facts About Myself


1. I am an amazingly avid reader (obviously-A run a book blog!)


2. My favourite movies include Ever After: A Cinderella Story-NOT the one with Hilary Duff in people, Under Siege and The Mummy.


3.  I don't watch Horror Movies, I just can't do it, much to the annoyance of my best friend who loves them.


4. After watching Paranormal Activity because said best friend says it wasn't scary I actually became afraid of doors.


5. I can't choose a favourite book, I have too many.


6. I can become very obsessive over something if I like it, for example if I liked a book I will then go buy every book by that author etc.


7. I'm considering a tattoo with a quote by one of my favourite authors.


8. I don't like hugs.  They make me feel awkward.


9. I think I'm in love with Richard Castle from the show Castle.


10.  I think my ideal job would be to work as an editor or marketer for a publishing house.


11. I run my blog purely for fun because I enjoy reading so much and so appreciate everyone who takes the time to come check it out.


11 Questions the tagger has given me


Shawn was the first to tag me so I'll answer his questions.



1.  What was the first book that made a lasting impression on you?

Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine.  The Cinderella re-telling hooked me at a young age and really inspired a love of reading that's still very much there.

2.  What was the most recent book that made a lasting impression on you?

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.  This is from my review, 
"It's the most beautiful piece of literature I have ever read and I know that it will resonate with me for years to come, it made me proud to be a nerdfighter, a reader, and a human being."

3.  Have you ever slammed a book closed and thrown it across the room like in The Never Ending Story?

No I don't think I could do that do any book.

4.  Do you think trees are secretly behind the growing popularity of e-books?

While they may be happy they're not being killed to meet the demand for e-books, I just think it's simply our need for technology that is fueling it although for me personally the physical book will always be better.

5.  What’s in my pocket?

I currently don't have any pockets as I'm wearing a skirt.

6.  What author do you suspect is in the business just for the groupies?

I couldn't possibly answer that!!

7.  If Edward were tragically the Creature from the Black Lagoon instead of a vampire, do you think Jacob would have had a shot?

Nah because he would still be super sexy and Bella would still be the Mary-Sue character still stupidly drawn to him despite the danger.  I would like to say at this point that I am still a Twilight fan even thought this is no longer cool lol.

8.  Are you past the point of having to look words up in the dictionary when you’re reading a book?

Most of the time, although some still stump me.  For example if I'm reading Charles Dickens or something there is still the odd few words that I can't understand so I go to trusty google.  
Although I am thinking of getting this awesome bookmark that I've seen that's electronic and IS i dictionary.

9.  Why do bookmarks have tassels on them? 

To distinguish them from random pieces of cardboard that may be hanging around my room.

10.  I have a really mean looking cat with your address here who wants to know “Are you a cat or dog person?”  Answer carefully.

Dog person. I laugh in the face of mean!  I'm allergic to cats so nature decided that one for me I'm afraid.

11.  What’s your favorite time of day for curling up with a good book?

In the evening.  Normally between 7-10pm are my optimum reading hours.  Don't know why, just seem to read more at that time.

People I Tag
Pssst, originally this tag is meant to be for blogs with 200 followers or less but I just couldn't narrow it down.  Liebster means favourite, love, nivest, kindest etc and I simply couldn't narrow it down to those with only 200 followers just because blogs I love have more than that.  Sorry :P




My Questions For those I tagged

1.  Is there a book at the moment that you've heard about but unsure if you want to try it?

2. If you could only ever recommend one book to someone, what would it be and why?

3. Do you have any irrational fears?

4. What is the most times you have re-read a book?

5. Favourite book to movie adaptation?

6. What is a quote you find inspiring?

7. Are there any fictional characters that you've fallen for?

8. When you're browsing for books, what makes you pick one book over another?

9. Which genre would you like to live in: dystopian, paranormal, historical or just contemporary?

10. If you could talk to ANY author, current or from history, who would it be?

11. Favourite fairytale?




5 comments:

  1. Great answers Erin. And I don't do horror movies either. I love great suspense though, just not when it ends in dismemberment. (Unless it's a father cutting off his son's hand for not joining him in ruling the galaxy together. That gets a pass.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shawn. I'm a total wuss and I know it but nothing will make me watch a horror movie. The Scream movies don't count though because they're funny.
    Ah but to be fair there is A LOT of people losing their hands in the Star Wars movies, which just gives the movies that little bit of awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nomination, Erin! I'm working on my post and will have it up as soon as I can. Ever After is my favorite movie too! I'm not sure how many times I've watched it, but it's a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! I look forward to reading your post.
      I can't count how many times I've seen Ever After either...couldn't even estimate it!

      Delete
  4. Finally... http://cherischmidt.blogspot.com/2012/08/leibster-blog-award.html
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete