Monday 18 June 2012

Jacob (Night Walkers #1) by Jacquelyn Frank


  • Format: Kindle Edition
  • File Size: 492 KB
  • Print Length: 385 pages
  • Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0821780654
  • Publisher: Hachette Digital (5 Jan 2012)- this edition, previously published in 2006

Since time began, there have been Nightwalkers - the races of the night who live in the shadows of the moonlight. Love with humans is absolutely forbidden, and one man makes certain to uphold this ancient law: Jacob, the Enforcer. For 700 Years, He has resisted temptation. But not tonight...
Jacob knows the excuses his people give when the madness overtakes them and they fall prey to their lust for humans. He's heard every one and still brought the trespassers to justice. Immune to forbidden desires, uncontrollable hungers, or the curse of the moon, his control is total...until the moment he sees Isabella on a shadowy New York City street. Saving her life wasn't in his plans. Nor were the overwhelming feelings she arouses in him. But the moment he holds her in his arms and feels the soft explosion of her body against his, everything changes. Their attraction is undeniable, volatile, and completely against the law. Suddenly everything Jacob has ever believed is inflamed by the heat of desire...Bring on the night.

Cover:  This cover doesn't really do anything for me.  I feel with the plot, there could have been a much better cover.

A friend has been telling me to read this for ages, so I finally got around to reading it and I'm really glad that I did.
As you guys know I enjoy both YA and Adult Paranormal Romance and this is the first in an adult series.
I really enjoyed this book and I don't know why I put off reading them for so long.
Night Walkers are the creatures of the night, werewolves, vampires and Demons.  Jacob's book centre's solely round demons (who are actually the good guys) and necromancers (magic wielders that want to destroy demons).
The romance was really sweet and I enjoyed it a lot.  Jacob is used to being isolated and alone because of his job enforcing the rest of his kind, and Isabella is the typical bookworm that feels left out.
Some parts were a little draggy BUT overall I loved it.  I recommend this for fans of Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark Series, J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series or Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed Series.  
I give Jacob by Jacquelyn Frank 4/5 stars and can't wait to check out book 2 soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment