Saturday 22 September 2012

Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

When Marilla and Matthew Cuthbert of Green Gables send for a boy orphan to help them out at their farm, they mistakenly get Anne Shirley, a feisty, independent, but warm-hearted eleven-year-old girl. Fortunately, her sunny nature and quirky imagination win the hearts of her reluctant foster parents and everyone in the community. But not a day goes by without some memorable adventure or prank in the tragicomedy of her life.

Cover: I love this centenary edition.  It's bright, sweet and relevant.  In other words, it's perfect.

I enjoyed every single moment of reading this book.
It's a charming book that readers of all ages will love.
Anne is such a vibrant character, she practically leaps off of the page, and the reader grows to love her as much as the characters around her do.  Anne's imagination and exuberance, and knack for getting herself into trouble just...cheered me up.  
I loved Mathew Cuthbert's character- he's painfully shy but Anne finds a kindred spirit in him, and he became my favourite character.
There's not much more I can say about this amazing classic.
The beautiful setting, the array fun characters and the all round feel good read that will appeal to most readers.
Anne of Green Gables made me smile, laugh and even shed a tear.
I highly recommend reading this! 5/5 stars!  And I will be reading the other books in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment