- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 531 KB
- Print Length: 385 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0821780689
- Publisher: Hachette Digital (1 Mar 2012)
- They are the Nightwalkers, mysterious beings who dwell in the shadows of our world, and Damien, the Vampire Prince, is among the most powerful of them all. But one woman will tempt him with a desire unlike anything he has known, and together they will face a terrifying and relentless foe...
HE'D NEVER LOVED. BUT SHE WAS IRRESISTIBLE.
As reigning Vampire Prince, Damien has tasted every pleasure the world has to offer--consorting with kings and queens and delighting in sensual adventure. Now, tired of such pursuits, he devotes his energies to protecting his people. The war between human necromancers and Nightwalkers has escalated, and when the enemy makes a daring move, kidnapping Syreena, a Lycanthrope Princess, Damien boldly follows. He succeeds in rescuing her, but is unprepared for the erotic longing her lush sensuality awakens in him.
Gifted with rare abilities, Syreena grew up in a cloistered setting and was forbidden to form attachments to others, yet the connection Damien feels with her is immediate, intoxicating, and impossible for either to resist. But claiming Syreena as his mate could have shattering repercussions for every Nightwalker--and leave their enemies more dangerous than ever before...
Temptation tastes sweetest at night.
- Cover: I've said it before and I'll just say it again, these covers are simply disappointing. The could be so much more. This is the kind of cover I wouldn't want to be seen reading.
- After really enjoying book 1, books 2 and 3 were so disappointing by comparison but I'm happy that I pushed on with the series because book 4, Damien, was back to being as good as book 1.
- I felt that books 2 and 3 dragged and hardly kept my attention but I didn't have that issue with this book.
- The Vampire Prince and the Lycanthrope Princess.
- Damien is the oldest vampire, used to being fickle and not always seeking pleasure but unable to find it in anything for long. He was so sweet. His initial confusion over the mating but then his total conviction to it.
- I think I enjoyed their romance the most so far in the series. He is definitely the best hero so far. It''s not 'insta-love' but he wants to find out if he can love (of course he does).
- This series has a great villain in Ruth- a Demon traitor but we don't get to see enough of her.
- I didn't like Damien's best friend, Jasmine. She was horrible to Syreena throughout the book but Damien just stands for it. No. He should correct Jasmine but he never does. He then breaks a promise to Syreena by doing something Jasmine convinces him to. I was also disappointed that the epilogue was in her POV. I wanted the end in Damien's POV. Basically Jasmine had to large a role in this book and I disliked her immensely.
- Overall I give Damien 4/5 stars.
- I do look forward to reading Noah's book.