Thursday 13 December 2012

Booking Through Thursday

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Booking Through Thursday and a different question is posted every week. 

So … you’ve just finished reading a book. For the sake of the discussion, we’ll say it was everything a book should be—engaging, entertaining, interesting, thought-provoking. The kind you want to gush over. The question is—do you immediately move on to your next book? Or do you take time to contemplate this writerly masterpiece and all its associated thoughts/emotions/ideas for a while first?

Normally when I've finished a good book I have what is known as a 'book- hangover'.

When I'm still in love with the characters, and the world building, that for just a little while longer, I don't want to leave it and move on.
Some example are, Divergent, The Fault In Our Stars, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Throne of Glass and Anne of Green Gables.
It's when everything about the book you've just read it perfect, and in your mind nothing will ever live up to it, so every book from then on will be a disappointment.
Of course it's not, but it's an irrational thought at the time.
So...normally when I finished a book I don't start another book that day.  I start a fresh the next, that gives me time to put my thought in order and start to put together a review on it.  Otherwise reviews back up, thoughts get jumbled and my blog ends up a mess.

6 comments:

  1. I like to post my thoughts and move right on to the next book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I can still enjoy the book hangover while writing the review; and then afterwards, too, when I might go back and reflect on my thoughts.

    Here's MY THURSDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard, isn't it? To just move on from a fabulous book.

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/12/booking-through-thursday_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes a book just stays with you.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/12/booking-through-thursday_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes its hard to get that last book out of your head. :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read, I write my review and I move on to the next book! Sometimes a book stays with me, but I still begin reading the next one.
    2 Kids and Tired Books BTT

    ReplyDelete