Tuesday 7 July 2015

Teaser Tuesday 07/07/2015 'Burned'

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page

    Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser.

This week's teaser comes from page 173 of Burned by Ellen Hopkins.


17334390“”Will you miss me, Dad?”

                Now, you have to remember
                That my dad and I hardly shared
Fifty words in any given day
I’d just used up one tenth of my allotment.

                Miss you? I don’t even

                Know you, Pattyn.

His admission stung.  Enough
to stick a big ol’ lump in my throat.
Enough to give me the courage
To ask, around the lump,

“Whose fault is that?”

                His hands tensed on the wheel
and I could see the little veins
at his temples swell and plump faster.
Too much to think about?

                Enough blame to go
                around I guess.


He wanted me to let it drop.I wasn’t about to give him his way.
He could blame me for many things.
But not for the closeness we’d lost."

No comments:

Post a Comment