Monday 16 November 2015

A Double-Edged Blade by Julie Moffett

    702905
  • Mass Market Paperback: 400 pages
  • Publisher: Love Spell (Mar. 2000)
  • ISBN-10: 0505523698
  • ISBN-13: 978-0505523693
Lovely British agent Faith Worthington is sent on a mission to expose a ruthless IRA terrorist. But a bullet to the thigh knocks her back to seventeenth-century Ireland...and into the arms of rebel leader Miles O'Bruaidar.

Known as the Irish Lion, Miles immediately suspects the modern-day beauty of being a spy. He takes Faith as his hostage, only to discover her feminine wiles are incredibly alluring. But desperate to return to the future, Faith has no time for love with a mutton-feasting, ale-quaffing brute like Miles. Yet with each passing day her own time and staying with the charming rogue, Faith knows her heart has been pierced to the quick, but she wonders if their love will always be a double-edged blade.
 

Cover: I know the cover is old school romance novel- but I kind of love it.


This is a re-read for me.  I took this book out of the library what must be like seven years ago now- and have wanted to own a copy ever since.  As soon as it arrived I started my re-read and I can tell how much I loved it the first time around because I remembered the story really well- and I loved it just as much.
It actually reminded me of a slightly cheesier Outlander- and if you don't already know, I'm OBSESSED with Outlander.
Faith is an MI5 agent- and while on a mission to capture an IRA assassin- they both Faith and her target end up stumbling through time, ending up 350 years in the past.
Faith is found by Miles O'Bruaidar- thinking she's probably an English spy, he keeps her as a 'guest' in his keep.  But he can't help but feel the attraction between them.
I really loved this one.  
I had no idea there was a companion novel about Faith's cousin- Across a Moonswept Moor - which I can't wait to pick up.
4.5/5 stars.


Read from October 20 to 22, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment