Thursday 12 November 2015

Booking Through Thursday 12/11/15 'Nostalgia'


Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted byBooking Through Thursday and a different question is posted every week.


What book (or books) from your childhood do you think about most often? That had the most effect on your life?


The book that first came to mind was Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine.  A book I have read over and over again.

24337I remember reading it for the first time, and being completely absorbed by it.  
I remember having a sleepover at my grandparents and taking it with me.  
I remember going to the park and reading it there.  
I remember the moment when it hit me that it was like ' a new version of Cinderella'.  
I remember being so excited by how much I loved it and being desperately sad that I was getting towards the end.
Mostly, I remember how this book made me feel, how it made me love reading just that little bit more,
I think about it the most often- because it's one that I love now just as much if not more, that when I first read it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that Youth and YA genres have taken off in the last few years, there was scant opportunity for me as a young reader. I would have loved Ella Enchanted.

    ReplyDelete