Monday 23 November 2015

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

    12649718
  • Paperback: 528 pages
  • Publisher: Michael Joseph (5 Jan. 2012)
  • ISBN-10: 0718157834
  • ISBN-13: 978-0718157838
Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.
What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.
Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.
What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.


Cover:A cute and simple cover that I neither love nor hate.

I first heard of this book a little over a month ago when I watched a review by a fellow BookTuber- she was so enthusiastic about it that I knew I needed to check it out.
And boy am I glad that I did.
This has become my favourite book.
And that's saying a lot.
From the minute I started reading reading I was sucked right in- I loved the characters, the story, the writing, the humour- absolutely everything about this novel drew me in and just made me fall in love with it.
It genuinely made me laugh, cry and everything in between.
I couldn't put this book down- I didn't want to stop reading it for any length in time, but then, when it got down to the final one hundred pages or so, I started stalling because I didn't want it to end.
This book has stolen a little piece of my heart- I've become a little bit obsessed with it.
When I turned the final page, I just lay back on my bed and didn't quite know what to do with myself.  I felt drained.  Truly moved by this book.
I do have the sequel on my shelf but I need to recover from this one before picking it up.
I also found out that a movie adaptation of this book is being released this year- which I look forward to with no small amount of trepidation and excitement.
I highly recommend this book to absolutely everyone.  It's a life affirming book with zero pretension. 
Easiest 5/5 stars I've given in ages.

Read from November 02 to 08, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment