Friday 19 May 2017

Easy Magic (Bourdreax #5) by Kristen Proby

    33828830
  • Format: Kindle Edition
  • File Size: 631 KB
  • Print Length: 282 pages
  • Publisher: Ampersand Publishing, Inc. (4 April 2017)
  • Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B01N9PXOHL
Family. Responsibility. Stability.

As the co-CEO of Bayou Enterprises, and the eldest of the Boudreaux clan, Beau is the epitome of these. Now that his baby sister Gabby is happily settled down, Beau has moved into the company loft in the heart of the French Quarter to be closer to his office while his own home is built. He doesn’t have time for anything but the family he adores and the company that drives him.

If only the bewitching owner of the herb shop downstairs from Beau’s loft wasn’t so damn tempting.

Mallory Adams is living the life. The good life. The best life for her. After years of hiding who she is, and the gifts she’s been cursed with, Mallory opened her little shop in the French Quarter, offering herbs and lotions for anything from soothing a sunburn to chasing those pesky ghosts New Orleans is known for out of a client’s home. Some call her eccentric, and some say she’s simply odd, and that’s okay with her. She is a bit odd, but in her experience, all of the best people are.

When an old pipe bursts in the loft above her store, flooding her storeroom, Mallory comes face to face with Beau Boudreaux, and she doesn’t need the clairvoyant abilities that have been passed down through generations to know that she’ll never be the same. Beau is her exact opposite; serious, straitlaced. He wears suits for Pete’s sake and probably wouldn’t know the difference between arnica and flaxseed if his life depended on it. But when he touches her, the electricity is through the roof and she’s smart enough to know that a chemistry like theirs doesn’t happen every day.

Can two people so very different possibly find their way to happily ever after?


Cover: The covers to this series are not my favourite but I don’t hate them.

YAAAAAAAS!  I have been looking forward to this book for ages, and it couldn’t be released soon enough.  The Bordreax series is my favourite from Kristen Proby, and I eagerly anticipate each ones release, but I was particularly excited for this one- because it’s a total opposites attract story.
Beau is the eldest of his siblings so has always shouldered the most responsibility.  He’s come across as a serious business man is the previous books, albeit one who loves and is dedicated to his family.
Mallory is a psychic that now runs a shop in the French Quarter selling herbs and all sorts of lotions.  She seems the total opposite to Beau, and yet the chemistry that sparks between them whenever the two are in the same room literally leap off the page.

I loved seeing Beau fall for Mallory, it made my heart melt. 
“You have no idea how important you’ve come to be to me, and I don’t know how to explain it. But I will say that I’m not going anywhere, certainly not because you have a queasy stomach.” And now my stomach is moving again, but with butterflies now. 
“You say the sweetest things,” I whisper. 
“I don’t say anything that I don’t mean,” -Beau
Love. Him.

The supernatural elements brought in with Mallory being psychic was really interesting, it could have felt really weird and out of place but I don’t think it did.
I am really excited for Ben and Savannah’s story- poor Ben has waited long enough, we need to put him out of his misery already.

5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment