Wednesday 24 May 2017

Perfectly Imperfect by Harper Sloan


26805129
  • Format: Kindle Edition
    • File Size: 1482 KB
    • Print Length: 409 pages
    • Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1518893414
    • Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
    • ASIN: B017O4W3V8
    Mirror, mirror … who’s the fairest of them all?

    I still cringe when I hear that line. A fairy tale that had girls pretending they were the fairest, the most beautiful, and the most entitled. A fairy tale most couldn’t grow out of turned my haunted childhood memories into a living nightmare. Girls who grew up believing that pile of garbage became the meanest of all ‘mean girls.’

    And those mean girls were right – it was a line meant for all the beautiful people in the world – and I knew the answer would never be me.

    The women with long legs, flat stomachs, and perfect chests.

    The type of women Kane Masters gravitated toward.

    Well, that’s definitely not Willow Tate.

    No. That will never be me.

    Because I’m completely imperfect.

    And … I hate myself.

    I have no idea what Kane could possibly see in someone like me when he could have them.


    Cover:  I really like the colourful colours on this one, and that there’s no cover models on there so I can imagine the characters myself.

    I stumbled across this one, I think on Goodreads and knew I had to read it.  And I’m so glad I did.  Willow Tate thinks the way I do- a woman on the bigger side that has been taunted, bullied and put down for her weight.
    But when Kane Masters first sees Willow, he’s instantly struck by her, wants to get to know her.
    Willow thinks it’s some kind of cruel joke and can’t believe movie star Kane would really be interested in her, but his passionate pursuit of her eventually shows her otherwise, and she will learn to be more confident in herself.
    I found this book really kind of empowering, having a chunkier chick as the protagonist, and her self deprecating ways really did make her relatable.  I really felt for Willow, her half-sister and step-father were so cruel, but she rose above it.
    Kane was just drop dead gorgeous, and I loved how he treated Willow, and how he made her see herself.
    “When I look in the mirror, I won’t see the things they will most likely say about me. I’ll see me, Willow Tate, the woman who isn’t perfect, but she is perfect in her imperfections.” 
    Sexy times were also well done.  Lots of sizzle there.
    Definitely recommend picking up this sexy stand alone, that had a lot of depth to it.

    5/5 stars.

    1 comment: