Friday 27 December 2013

The Way You Look Tonight (Sullivans 9) by Bella Andre

Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 403 KB
Print Length: 194 pages  
Publisher: Oak Press, LLC (16 Nov 2013)
 
As a very successful private investigator who has caught most of the cheaters in Seattle with their pants down, Rafe Sullivan believes true, lasting love only happens once in a blue moon. Needing to get away from the city to clear his head, he finds the lake house where he spent the best summers of his life is now a wreck...but the sweet girl next door is all grown up and prettier than anything he's ever seen.

While Brooke Jansen is happy making and selling chocolate truffles in her small Pacific Northwest lake town, she secretly longs to experience something wild. So when her favorite “Wild Sullivan” moves in again next door after more than a decade away, and sparks fly between them, she can't stop wondering if being bad is really as good as it always seemed...and just how long it will be before she can find out.

But when their summer fling quickly spirals into deeper emotions than either of them were expecting, can they survive the heat between them? Or will Rafe make the biggest mistake of his life and end up losing the best thing that's ever happened to him?


Cover:  Another cutesy romantic cover that I'm such a sucker for.  I really like that all the covers for this series are similar and all match.

I started reading Bella Andre's Sullivans series back in January when I took part in the Fall In Love With The Sullivans Blogtour and I really did fall in love with them.  I devoured them one after the other.  They're just simple, sweet, romantic reads that are a quick escapist read for me.  I just root for the main characters to be together.
I really enjoyed this one too!
I was worried that I wouldn't connect as much with this one, as it deals with the San Fransciso Sullivans cousins.  So we're breaking off from the initial Sullivans we were introduced to with the previous books in the series.
But I still loved it, and I still connected tothe characters.  I really liked Brooke, she was sweet, but was stronger than everyone gave her credit for.
Rafe- as with all the Sullivan men, is totally swoonworthy.
Brooke and Rfe were childhood friends, but lost touch when Rafe's family lost their family lakehouse.  They meet again when Rafe buys the old lakehouse back, and attraction between them is instantaneous.
I wouldn't say this is my favourite of the series, but I really did enjoy it, and I think the beauty of these books is the simplicity of them.
Highly recommed this series.
4.5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment