Monday 30 December 2013

Kissing Under The Mistletoe (Sullivans #10) by Bella Andre

  • Format: Kindle Edition
  • File Size: 448 KB
  • Print Length: 212 pages
  • Publisher: Oak Press, LLC (24 Sep 2013)
For Mary Sullivan Christmas is, and always has been, about family. And this year is no different. As she awaits the arrival of her eight children and their partners at the cottage in Lake Tahoe, she hangs the ornaments that they made for her over the years. Each decoration brings with it a tide of memories, all of which she holds dear to her heart. But when she comes across the oldest ornament, the one her beloved husband, Jack, gave her on their very first Christmas together, Mary is immediately swept back to the first days of their whirlwind romance, to the love that would be the foundation on which they built the family she is so proud to call her own. 

Join the Sullivans this Christmas for a story that explores the wonder of the holidays, the meaning of family and a love that transcends time.


Cover:  The covers to this series are all similar- and I really like them, they're simple, sweet and reflect what the books are all about.

I started the Sullivans series early on in 2013 because I took part in a blogtour for the series called 'Fall in Love With the Sulivans'.
And I have to say- I did.
I blazed through them (the first seven in the series) one after the other, and I've purchased each new release in the series.
This one is a little bit different in that in centres on Mary- the Sullivan family matriarch.  We know from the very first book in the series that her husband Jack- father to the Sullivan siblings, died.
So from the very beginning it is a very bittersweet book.
As a fan of this series, I've been dying to know Jack and Mary's story from the very beginning.  I love each book differently, and some more than others, and this was no exception.
Obviously you start out with the knowledge that Jack and Mary did end up together- but Jack died.
That was always at the back of my mind- and as I fell more and mroe in love with them and their story- the sadder I felt.
Love at first stories are hard to pull off, but Bella Andre really made me believe in their romance- a world famous model and an engineer, not the most likely of couples- but it works.
If you're a fan of this series then this is obviously going to be one you want to check out, but if you're someone that wants to start the series- I wouldn't say this is the one to start with.
4/5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment