Wednesday 4 January 2012

2011 Book Survey

Survey started by Jamie at the Perpetual Page Turner.
1. Best Book You Read In 2011?
Nevermore by Kelly Creagh

2. Most Disappointing Book/Book You Wish You Loved More Than You Did?

Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach

3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2011?

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles.  I don't read a lot of contemporary but despite the cliches I loved this cute book.

4. Book you recommended to people most in 2011?

Divergent by Veronica Roth

5. Best series you discovered in 2011?

River of Time Series by Lisa T. Bergren

6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2011?

Kody Keplinger, Stephanie Perkins, Kendare Blake, Kelly Creagh.

7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?

Divergent by Veronica Roth-my first dystopian read ever and I loved it.
Anna Dressed In Blood by Kendare Blake- my firs t YA horror read and I loved it so much.

8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2011?

Such a hard question but the books I couldn't put down this year are Nevermore by Kelly Creagh and Anna Dressed In Blood by Kendare Blake.

9. Book you most anticipated in 2011?

Deeper Than Midnight by Lara Adrian
Kiss of Snow by Nalini Singh

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2011?

Hourglass by Myra McIntire

11. Most memorable character in 2011? 

Tris and Four from Divergent by Veronica Roth, both really, interesting characters.

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2011?

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins.

13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2011?

Divergent by Veronica Roth.  It really got me into the genre.

14. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2011 to finally read?

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2011?

The Duff by Kody Keplinger "I hated the smooth, confident way he spoke  A lot of girls thought it was sexy, but it was really just stalker-ish.  Everything about him just screamed date rape! to me. Ugh."
When I read this I roared with laughter.

16. Book That You Read In 2011 That Would Be Most Likely To Reread In 2012?

Geek Girl by Cindy C. Bennett.

17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!

Torment (River of Time #3) by Lisa T. Bergren
A small love triangle emerged and I felt like it went against everything that happened in the first two books, and I couldn't wait to talk to my friend Jess about it because I just knew she's feel the same way and it was discussed...thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment