Friday 27 January 2012

The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

Received for review

Paperback: 368 pages

  • Publisher: Mira Ink (6 Jan 2012)
  • Language English
  • ISBN-10: 1848450605
  • ISBN-13: 978-1848450608He gave up everything. All for a girl... and all for nothing. To emotionless faery prince Ash, love was a weakness for mortals and fools. His own love had died a horrible death, killing any gentler feelings the Winter prince might have had. Or so he thought. Then Meghan Chase a half human, half fey smashed through his barricades, binding him to her irrevocably with his oath to be her knight. And when all of Faery nearly fell to the Iron fey, she severed their bond to save his life. Meghan is now the Iron Queen, ruler of a realm where no Winter or Summer fey can survive. With the company of his archrival, Summer Court prankster Puck, and infuriating talking cat Grimalkin, Ash begins a journey he is bound to see through to its end a quest to find a way to honour his solemn vow to stand by Meghan's side.
  • Thanks to MiraInk for sending this to me for review.
Cover:  Another beautiful cover to end this series. I love that it has both Ash and Puck on it. 


4.5/5 stars.  For me this is without the best in the series.  I wasn't overly keen on the first three books but I know this is becasue I didn't care for the heroine Meghan at all and the books are in her perspective, but the highlight for me in the first three was Ash and so with The Iron Knight being in his perspective I loved it. 
Ash is such a secretive, closed off character in the other books so it's great to be given this insight into his thoughts and feelings that he rarely ever lets himself show due to his Unseelie Court upbringing. 

I'm way to biased for this review because of how much I love Ash so I was going to love this book no matter what but I have to say that it wasn't perfect.  It was a little slow in places and I wish the reunion had been a little longer- after the long quest I felt I wanted a sweeter reunion but it was still good.
Originally the series was going to end on The Iron Queen and I can definitely say that if it had done so I would have been seriously disappointed.  This book was needed to round off the series, and it does it so well.
I'd absolutely say pick this up if you've picked up the other three and stick with them until you get to this one because it's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment