Thursday 12 January 2012

Booking Through Thursday
















Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Booking Through Thursday and a different question is posted every week.

1. What’s your favorite time of day to read?
The afternoon, 12-4pm is my peak concentration time.

2. Do you read during breakfast? (Assuming you eat breakfast.)
I don't read while I eat at all, I don't want to get food on my books.

3. What’s your favorite breakfast food? (Noting that breakfast foods can be eaten any time of day.)
Brioche, which I do like to eat at any time of the day.

4. How many hours a day would you say you read?
Definitely depends.  Week days I have college and homework etc so don't have much time to read, so about 2 hours a day but weekends I make more time for reading so about 4-5 hours.

5. Do you read more or less now than you did, say, 10 years ago?
I do read more now, I think it's because there is so much more choice in what I like to read now, more and more coming out all of the time and so consequently I read more.

6. Do you consider yourself a speed reader?
No because I know a few people that read faster than I do.  I can read very fast, for example Kiss of Snow

7. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

Flying...because I think it would be so exhilarating.
8. Do you carry a book with you everywhere you go?
Whatever book I'm reading is normallly with me.

9. What KIND of book?
YA fiction or text book

10. How old were you when you got your first library card?
 7, my mum is a big reader and she always took my to the library and made sure I had a card.

11. What’s the oldest book you have in your collection? (Oldest physical copy? Longest in the collection? Oldest copyright?)
Psycial copy-honestly no idea.  Not very old at all.
Longest in my collection- my Princess Diaries books my Meg Cabot.  They were the books that really got me into reading.
Longest copyright is probably Hamlet but don't know.

12. Do you read in bed?
Yes I do, comfy & relaxing.

13. Do you write in your books?
No, no, no, no, no. Sacrilidge! If I want notes on it, I'll use a post-it or on the Kindle just insert notes.

14. If you had one piece of advice to a new reader, what would it be?
Don't feel pressured to read what everyone else is reading.  Browse and see what piques YOUR interest.

15. What question have I NOT asked at BTT that you’d love me to ask?
(Actually, leave the answer to this one in the comments on this post, huh? So I can find them when I need inspiration!)
Do you have any unusual book/reading habits or obsessions?

3 comments:

  1. Great answers. I can't write ni book either...
    My Booking Through Thursday post

    ReplyDelete
  2. You missed the super power question! I like your answer to 14. Here are my answers: http://newpaperadventures.blogspot.com/2012/01/booking-through-thursdays-interview_12.html

    ReplyDelete