Received for review
- Hardcover: 160 pages
- Publisher: Quirk Books (15 Jan 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1594745935
- ISBN-13: 978-1594745935
- This second novel in the Tales from Lovecraft Middle School series begins right where Professor Gargoyle ended. Seventh-grader Robert Arthur has discovered that two of his classmates are actually sinister snake-women in disguise. Even worse, his new middle school is full of “gates” to a terrifying alternate dimension – a haunted mansion full of strange spirits and monstrous beasts. For Robert to protect his teachers and classmates, he'll need to return to this haunted dimension with his best friends Glenn and Karina. Can they uncover the secrets of Lovecraft Middle School before it's too late?
The Slither Sisters features more bizarre beasts, more strange mysteries, and more adventure. It's perfect for readers ages 10 and up. Best of all, the cover features a state-of-the-art “morphing” photo portrait – so you can personally witness the sisters transforming into their slithering alter egos. You won't believe your eyes!
- Cover: Another brilliant lenticular cover that you can't help but keep staring at until you start to look like a crazy person.
- Oh I'm loving this series.
- The gang continues to find trouble in Lovecraft Middle School, tumbling through magical gateways and coming face with terrible monsters.
- The tension was racked up in this sequel. I was hooked again, right from page 1, and couldn't put it down. Reading it in just one evening. The last 50 pages I was on the edge of my seat, and the ending...boy oh boy- I did NOT see that coming.
- Once again the illustrations were incredible- just as good as the writing itself.
- This book has everything a Middlegrade series needs- humour, action, lovable characters...and of course- great monsters!
- This was a fantsatic sequel and I can't wait to read the rest of the series.
- An absolute must read for adults and children alike.
- 5/5 stars.