Thursday 30 May 2013

Booking Through Thursday

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Booking Through Thursday and a different question is posted every week.


I want you to think about your ideal reading experience. Think about the location. (Your bed? Favorite chair? The beach? Indoors or outdoors?). Think about the sounds. (Is there music playing? Happy children playing in the background? Utter silence?) Is there a snack or beverage nearby? Are you alone or with friends/family (presumably being quiet enough for you to read in peace)? What kind of lighting is there? Are you dressed in something ultra-comfy? What’s your position? Curled up? Stretched out?
Now … describe it so that we can all feel exactly how perfect it is … and why.

Location- Indoors.  Bedroom. Bed.
Sounds- Silence.
Beverage- Glass of coke.
Position- Lying on my front.
I love to just lie on my bed, all comfy.  I don't mind sitting in the living room, curled up on the sofa either.
But mostly my room.
I like silence, I don't like the T.V or music on in the background as I find it distracting.  I like to be totally engrossed in what I'm reading.

5 comments:

  1. I like the silence, too.
    http://mauldinfamily1.wordpress.com/2013/05/30/booking-through-thursday-ideal/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know other readers like music or something, but I just don't.

      Delete
  2. I agree about the silence - my mind wanders so easily otherwise!
    aimes x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree on the silence. The exception is rain. I'm a big music fan but with reading it doesn't really mix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds just about perfect. Sometimes I will play music depending on the mood of the book.

    ReplyDelete