Thursday 9 May 2013

Booking Through Thursday

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Booking Through Thursday and a different question is posted every week.


My brother-in-law turns 50 this weekend. So, in his honor, please pick up your nearest book or whatever book you’re currently reading, and turn to page 50 and then share the first 50 words with the rest of us.
(Do feel free to round this off, to stop and start with complete sentences, though.)

Ok so I'm not actually currently reading anything, but I will go to page 50 of the last book that I read, which was The Humans by Matt Haig.




I watched the 'television' she has brought in for me.  She had struggled with it.  It was heavy for her.  I think she expected me to help her.  It seemed so wrong, watching a biological life form putting herself through such effort.  I attempted, out of sheer telekinetic curiosity, to lighten it for her with my mind.

8 comments:

  1. Very intriguing...thanks for sharing. Here's MY BTT POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting sounding book (ran to goodreads to check out). I might have to put this on my TBR now.

    My BTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth checking out. It's so unique, I've honestly never read anything quite like it.

      Delete
  3. Hahaha, great teaser! I'm curious about the book now. Here’s my BTT
    Daisy from Paramour Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've thought picking up Wondrous Strange for a while.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a good read.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/05/booking-through-thursday_9.html

    ReplyDelete