Thursday 23 May 2013

Booking Through Thursday

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Booking Through Thursday and a different question is posted every week.

Have your reading habits changed since you were a child? (I mean, I’m assuming you have less time to read now, but …) Did you devour and absorb books when you were 10 and only just lightly read them now? Did you re-read frequently as a child but now only read new books? How about types of books? Do you find yourself still attracted to the kinds of books you read when you were a kid?

I've always been an avid reader, but I've found I read different genres now.  I used to mostly read adult historical novels, whether they be Harlequin/Mills and Boon novels, or books by Stephanie Laurens.
And while I still enjoy those, I tend to be reading far more YA novels.  Particularly YA paranormal romance.  When I read Twilight 4-5 years ago now, it was the first in that genre I ever picked up and I was hooked.
Now I've started to shift towards New Adult contemporary novels- a new emerging genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment