Sunday 5 May 2013

The Wedding Diary by Margaret James

Received for review
Paperback: 304 pages
Publisher: Choc Lit (7 May 2013)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1781890161
  • Where's a Fairy Godmother when you need one?

    If you won a fairy-tale wedding in a luxury hotel, you d be delighted right? But what if you didn't have anyone to marry? Cat Aston did have a fiancé, but now it looks like her Prince Charming has done a runner. 
    Adam Lawley was left devastated when his girlfriend turned down his heartfelt proposal. He's made a vow never to fall in love again.

    So when Cat and Adam meet, they shouldn't even consider falling in love. After all, they're both broken hearted. But for some reason they can't stop thinking about each other. Is this their second chance for happiness, or are some things just too good to be true?

    Margaret's successful historical trilogy has been praised by many; the first "The Silver Locket" won the 2010 Single Titles Reviewers' Choice Award. This is the first contemporary and links to her trilogy.
  • Cover:  Stunning Cover.  The glittery butterflies are a beautiful touch.
I have to be honest and say this book took me ages to get into.  It just didn't hook me.  So much so that I ended up spring cleaning my bedroom.  *I hate spring cleaning.
I think my main issue was Cat.  She was such a weak character.  She's spent goodness knows how long pining away over her 'fiance' who's gone to 'find himself'.  She's basically a doormat and it was painful to read.
Adam I liked much better.  A sweet guy that's rejected by his girlfriend, making him depressed and moody.
Also Cat's supposed best friends.  I didn't take to them either.  I didn't find them supportive, they were contrary and in the end I liked them about as much as I liked Cat.
Adam and Cat's 'Fairy Godmother was horrible!  With her, who needs an evil stepmother!!
I also found the romance between Cat and Adam, while sweet, was unrealistic and developed way too soon, seemingly out of nowhere.
It definitely picked up towards the end, with some humour and Cat finally getting rid of her no good ex.  But this one just wasn't for me.
2/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment