Thursday 16 May 2013

Booking Through Thursday

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Booking Through Thursday and a different question is posted every week.


What book(s) do you find yourself going back to? Beloved children’s classics? Favorites from college? Something that touched you and just makes you long to visit?
(Because, doesn’t everybody have at least one book they would like to curl up with, even if they don’t make a habit of rereading books? Even if they maybe don’t even have the time to visit and just think back longingly?)

I'm not a huge re-reader of books.  Most of the time I think it's because I have a good memory for the things I've read.  But there are a few that I've re-read, and re-read A LOT!




Heart On A Chain by Cindy C. Bennett.
This one I read for the first time in February 2012, and I must have re-read it as least 8 times since then.  It's fast paced read, only taking me a day to get done.  And I just fell in love with the story.  It's a beautiful contemporary that I think doesn't get the attention it deserves.








Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine.
I honestly can't estimate just how many times I've re-read this one.  I first picked this one up years ago, and it completely captivated me.  It's the book that really catapulted my reading obsession.  I'd always been a reader, but this one took it to another level.  I've always been a sucker for fairytales, and this Cinderella retelling is a must read.







Boy Meets Girl by Meg Cabot.
Meg's Princess Diaries series, like Ella Enchanted, are some of the books that grew my love of reading.  So as I got older and I looked at her adult books, I loved them just as much.  And this is my fav of hers.  Again, I don't know how often I've re-read it, but I always go to it when I want a book that I know will make me laugh out loud, and never fails to make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment