Tuesday 18 October 2011

Cascade by Lisa T Bergren River of Time Book 2

Publisher: David C Cook Publishing, New edition (1 Jun 2011)
Language English
ISBN-10: 1434764311
ISBN-13: 978-1434764317

Mom touched my underdress—a gown made six hundred years before—and her eyes widened as she rubbed the raw silk between thumb and forefinger. She turned and touched Lia’s gown. “Where did you get these clothes?”
Gabi knows she’s left her heart in the fourteenth century and she persuades Lia to help her to return, even though they know doing so will risk their very lives. When they arrive, weeks have passed and all of Siena longs to celebrate the heroines who turned the tide in the battle against Florence—while the Florentines will go to great lengths to see them dead.
But Marcello patiently awaits, and Gabi must decide if she’s willing to leave her family behind for good in order to give her heart to him forever.

As soon as I started Waterfall I was hooked on this series and so it was a good job I had all three on my bookshelf before starting it.  I NEEDED to read Cascade as soon as I finished Waterfall.

Cover:  Another beautiful cover.  The greens and blues used to stunning effect.  Just as Waterfall's cover was how I pictured Gabi, Cascade's cover is how I pictured Lia.

Plot: They had to go back.  Gabi and Lia's time in medieval Italy was treacherous, almost costing them their lives.  At the end of Waterfall they had to travel back to current day in order to try and save Gabi and find their Mother.  But Gabi has left her heart with Marcello in the 14th Century.  Can she convince her Mom and Lia to go back to a time that is so dangerous, especially when the sisters have gotten themselves the name of She-wolves of Sienna' after helping take down Castello Paratore, creating an enemy.  Plus a time so near to The Black Death sweeping across Europe.

It has to be another 5/5 stars for this book.  I loved it just as much as book 1 and it was just as amazing.  The pace was furious and plot action packed, not wanting to put if down (if everyone read these books at the same time the world would come to a stand still).  I loved that the book picked up from where Waterfall left off right away, you are completely absorbed into medieval Italy and the dangers Gabi, Lia and now their Mother face from rivals as well as the approaching plague that sweeps across Europe.
The romance...oh the romance.  Such a wonderful romance between Gabi and Marcello and now a second romance emerging between Lia and Luca. 
The characters were just as anjoyable and loveable (excluding the bad guys obviously- which you really hate) as in book 1.
Lisa T Bergren is such a talented writer to combine everything I love in a book and make is perfect, again there was nothing I didn't like.  Of course it spurred me to pick up Torrent straight away, I'm practically devouring these books.
A definite read if you like action, romance and history.
I can't express how much I am loving this series.

To view the booik trailer for Cascade click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment