Friday 28 October 2011

Torrent by Lisa T. Bergren River of Time Book 3


  • Paperback: 400 pages
  • Publisher: David C Cook (1 Oct 2011)
  • Language English
  • ISBN-10: 143476429X
  • ISBN-13: 978-1434764294

When Gabi and Lia finally learn to surf the river of time, they realize they must make hard choices about life and love in the third and final book in the River of Time series. Gabi and Lia Betarrini have learned to control their time travel, and they return from medieval Italy to save their father from his tragic death in modern times. But love calls across the centuries, and the girls are determined to return forever even though they know the Black Plague is advancing across Europe, claiming the lives of one-third of the population. In the suspenseful conclusion of the River of Time series, every decision is about life ... and death.
One word.  Phenomenal. 


Cover: Another beautiful cover but where with Waterfall and Cascade the people on the cover were how I imagined them to look (Gabi and Lia) this is NOT how I imagined the dreamy Marcello to look.  But oh well.  Two out of three ain't bad.


Plot:  At the end of Cascade Gabi, Lia and their Mom decide to try and go back to save their father before his untimely death.  They then have to convince him to return with them to 14th century where once again they have to battle not only for Sienna, but for love and their very lives.


Again 5/5 stars.  The whole series is 5/5 stars!  It's just amazing.  However in Torrent I did come up against a wall when reading that I didn't in Waterfall or Cascade.  And this, I know is because of personal taste.  Because there was an emerging love triangle between Gabi, Mercello and Lord Greco.  The book still went the way I wanted it to in the end but for me this went against her character in the last two books, I mean she convinced her family to go back to the 14th century for LOVE and then that happens. No.  For me.  Just. NO.  
That is the only thing I didn't like over the 3 books.  It wasn't enough to mar the overall rating as everything still went the way I wanted it to.
There is a tentative book 4, Tributary.


I look forward to seeing where this goes but at the same time Torrent was a great finisher.  But I want more of Luca and Lia, I found myself needing to know where there romance was heading but unfortunately that wasn't covered in as much detail and was left very open.


This series is a must read for everyone.  Best series I have read this year bar none.  Action. Romance. History.  Humour.  This book has everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment