Sunday 26 February 2012

Carpe Corpus, Morganville Vampires Book 6 by Rachel Caine


  • Paperback: 356 pages
  • Publisher: ALLISON & BUSBY; Reprint edition (12 Oct 2009)
  • Language English
  • ISBN-10: 074900777X
  • ISBN-13: 978-0749007775
This title includes a brand new and exclusive morganville short story only available in this edition. In the small town of Morganville, vampires and humans lived in (relative) peace - until all the rules got rewritten when the evil vampire Bishop arrived, looking for the lost book of vampire secrets. He's kept a death grip on the town ever since. Now an underground resistance is brewing, and in order to contain it, Bishop must go to even greater lengths. He vows to obliterate the town and all its inhabitants - the living and the undead. Claire Danvers and her friends are the only ones who stand in his way. But even if they defeat Bishop, will the vampires ever be content to go back to the old rules, after having had such a taste of power?


Cover:  I love the black and dark, metallic pink on this cover, but the girl (I don't want to say she's ugly because hey, I can't talk) just ruins it for me.


4.5/5 stars!  This is one of my favs of the series so far.  So much happens in this book.  I felt that Lord of Misrule was basically just a filler until this one.
Again you're not 100% sure who's good or bad, so one minute you're rooting for someone and the next you're booing them.
I was so pleased Claire and Shane finally did IT in this book.  Which may sound weird but the UST was killing me.
I got upset in this book as one of my favourite characters died.  I actually cried.  Which is rare for me.
Definitely check this series out and stick with because it's worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment