Wednesday 22 February 2012

The Vampire Stalker by Allison Van Diepen


  • Paperback: 250 pages
  • Publisher: Scholastic; 1 edition (3 Nov 2011)
  • Language English
  • ISBN-10: 1407129899
  • ISBN-13: 978-1407129891

Amy is in love with someone who doesn't exist: Alexander Banks, the dashing hero in a popular series of vampire novels. Then one night, Amy meets a boy who bears an eerie resemblance to Alexander. In fact, he IS Alexander, who has escaped from the pages of the book and is in hot pursuit of a wicked vampire named Vigo. Togeher, Amy and Alexander set out to track Vigo and learn how and why Alexander crossed over. But when she and Alexander begin to fall for each other, Amy wonders if she even wants him to ever return to the realm of fiction.

Cover: I'm not overly fond of this cover, it's just OK.  Don't love it.  Don't hate it.

This was a book I was majorly excited for but I was a bit disappointed.  This book appealed to me because th main character Amy is in love with the fictional character of Alexander, and let's face it, us book lovers DO love fictional characters, especially guys because guys in books are just better.  So she's incredibly relatable.  I loved the premise of this book so much but I just never got to the point where I couldn't put it down, and it's only a small book of 250 pages so I should have blazed through it, but I didn't so I'm glad that at the moment, this is a stand alone.
The plot works really well but I found the end was rushed.
I did love Alexander and the romance element but I wish there as been MORE of it.
Overall I gave this book a 3/5 stars.  It wasn't awful but my expectations were too high.

No comments:

Post a Comment