Thursday 16 February 2012

If I Die & Interview with Rachel Vincent

Paperback: 368 pages
Publisher: Mira Ink (3 Feb 2012)
Language English
ISBN-10: 1848450613
ISBN-13: 978-1848450615

Kaylee can see death coming. But how will she face her own? Teen banshee Kaylee and her friends have barely recovered from the violent chaos unleashed the last time their school was invaded by Netherworld entities when she recieves the news she s top of a reapear s list and scheduled to die within days! But contemplating her own impending demise will have to wait, when it s revealled that new maths teach Mr. Beck s an incubus who s just come into his once-acentury fertile period. And he s looking for a few healthy young girls capable of carrying a non-human infant to full term and Kaylee s mortal best friend Emma fits the bill perfectly. But as Kaylee fights to save her female classmates, her dark fate is closing in. And as Kaylee s borrowed lifeline nears its end, and the men who love her will do anything to save her life. Even if it costs their own...

Cover: I love this cover, perfecting match for the first four in the series, and I have to say I really like the striking orange- not enough orange on books covers!

4/5 stars! I don't want to say TOO much about this book, as it is book 5 in the series, and I don't want to spoil anything for anyone.  However I will say that I love this series and I think it should stand out in the paranormal YA genre as it brings a whole new paranormal being to the genre that I hadn't even considered before I picked up this series! But not many of my friends have read it, so I'll say this, if you love the Ya paranormal genre you need to pick this up.  However if you are not big on love triangles this MAY not be the book for you (think Vampire Diaries at this point).  Now I am not a big fan of love triangles, and I'm not going to lie and say I like it in this series because I don't, BUT I do really like both love interests and it is really hard to pick a fav (evil Rachel Vincent for making them both so yummy).
So definitely give this series a try if you're looking for a great series that gives a little something different.  They're quick read and you'll blaze through them in no time at all.


Interview


Erin:   What drew you to writing about bean sidhes?

 Rachel: The fact that there were so many wonderfully convenient holes in the folklore. Plenty of places for me to embellish and kind of make them my own. ;)

Erin:  Did you always want to be a writer?

Rachel: Yes, though I didn’t think it’d actually be possible for me to make a living writing until I was around twenty-five or so.

Erin:  How do you come up with your character names?

Rachel: Some of the names just come to me. The characters seem born with them. Some are a real struggle, and I wind up going through list after list of possibilities. Sometimes I even ask my online followers to make suggestions.

The reapers, though, have names that are variations on foreign words for death. All except Levi. ;)


Erin:  If you could work with any author who would it be?

Rachel: Oh, I’d love to work with Kim Harrison on an adult novel. She likes action as much as I do. ;) If I wrote contemporary, I’d love to write with Courtney Summers in YA. Her gritty style and willingness to take the story where it needs to go really works for me. But truthfully, I’ve never co-written anything before, so I don’t know how easy I’d be to work with. ;)

Erin:  Who/ What inspires you?

Rachel: Working parents. People willing to suffer immediate sacrifices of their own to promote the greater good. People who put their lives on the line for others, with no expectation of a reward. People who are good and selfless because they can’t live with themselves otherwise.



No comments:

Post a Comment